Social Media networking
People do not use social media (SM) to buy stuff. It’s a fact.
People log into social media for 2 reasons:
The more “sales-y” you are on SM, the less likely you are to sell something. Seems backwards, but that’s why it’s “network marketing” not “online sales”.
The more information you provide, the more you are authentically you, the more VALUE you provide in others lives, the more likely they are to trust you and follow you. The more they are exposed to your content, the more likely they are to ask YOU about your product. This is ATTRACTION MARKETING! One of the keys to a successful online network marketing business.
Attraction Marketing comes with a few dos and don'ts which we’ve compiled into a list of “Social Media Conduct” rules which all GlowGetters should follow to achieve a higher level of success. This is available in the GlowGetter Manual as well. Keep checking back for any additions and blog entries related to this information! Please adhere to this code of conduct. This information is here to ensure YOUR success. This information comes from years of experience in social media marketing and learning from our own experiences!
Social Media conduct
- Be authentic: if you wanna use the word shit, feel free
- SHARE YOUR STORY & YOUR WHY!
- Share your life, not just your business
- It is okay to block and delete people if they are not serving a light in your life
- Comment compliments & constructively on friends posts (follow the daily task list)
- Reply to messages and comments as promptly as possible. If you are unavailable for the time being, let everyone know when you will get back to them. This is a great customer service practice.
- Stay positive, even if a tough situation comes up, write about it but let everyone know what positivity and what you learned came from it so people can relate
- Genuinely connect with people, start real conversations and make REAL FRIENDS!
- Attraction Marketing!! Post about products and how they fit into your life, but don’t make the post about selling!
- Start conversations - post a poll or a question
- Use graphics with or without text to attract attention to your posts
- Celebrate your victories + Team victories publicly!!
- Always be kind
- Reread your text before posting for grammar and spelling errors. Poor grammar and spelling is hard to read!
- DO NOT cold message random people - the response will never result in a new customer
- DO NOT add people to your groups without permission, send a personal message with a link so they can add themselves
- DO NOT outright copy and paste other people’s posts without permission - and if you do, change the wording so it sounds more authentically you
- DO NOT write a novel status. People don’t like to read a lot. - Start a blog and write your stories, post a link to the blog on your social media.
- DO NOT post political or religiously controversial topics
- DO NOT Argue in comments
- DO NOT Engage in conversations with people who are bashing different companies, products or Younique. It is not your job to convince them otherwise, they have already made up their minds. Block & Delete.
- Stay ethical, if you see a another presenter (not a Glowgetter) doing some shady stuff, stay out of their business. If it is HIGHLY against compliance, report it. However, taking down someone’s business is not standing in our moral high ground. Keep good karma flowing.
- DO NOT be pushy or talk down to anyone or bully anyone into a sale